Friday, August 12, 2011

Beautiful Friday

Ron and I took the doggies to the battlefield this morning.  We were a bit later than usual because we went to Goosecreek Ruggers Guild meeting last night in Leesburg VA.  I think we got settled into bed around 11:00.  This is way too late for us early birds.  Ron commutes to work 1.5 hrs each day so getting to bed early is a must for us. 

Anyway, I'm off subject aren't I?  The weather here in Western Maryland has been just beautiful the last couple days.  This morning it felt like a cool fall morning.  As we walked through the fields at the battlefield we came across several deers.  A couple were bucks which we usually don't see.  They ran for the woods as soon as they heard us.  The beagles got the scent and the beagle songs began.  Ron saw the Blue Heron down by the water, but I missed him.  We sat on a bench for a while hoping he would come back out, but he didn't.  I must admit I enjoyed our little bench break.  We gave the doggies some water and a half of a Milk Bone.  Yes, I carry treats for the dogs and no they are not spoiled at all (wink).

Last Saturday we had our With Hands and Hearts Antietam Fiber Artist Guild meeting.  The rugs everyone brought to work on and to show were simply beautiful.  Enough of me running away with the fingers I'll just show you the photos.  Enjoy!

I believe this is a Woolley Fox pattern.  Great Goat!

Elinor is working is working on this beautiful floral.  She is also a painter and quilter.  Very talented lady.

I love the soft colors in this rug. I think okay I know this is my favorite Emma Lou's Salt Box rug I have seen so far.  Okay Mary is my bestie and one of the Wool Princesses, but I don't think I'm wrong to say this rug is GORGEOUS!!


Not a good picture I know, but I had include a photo of my hubbie's wonderful horse.  He will be working on this one for a long, long time.  He hides each and every end....yes everyone.  Another Woolley Fox pattern and color plan done by Barb Carroll.  Not sure you can really see, but the background is many different greens and the horse is several different reds.  I want this rug done yesterday so I can hang it, but with his schedule it won't happen.

I have more photos, but some are dark because my battery was dying on me.

After a good charge I have some photos from Goosecreek and I'll post them I hope this weekend.

I'm going to the West Virginia Fiber Fest Hook-in tomorrow and I'm taking my camera with me.  More photos.

Mary or should I say Princess Woolley Bear are riding together and have plans for a stop at the bakery for some glazed knots.  If you don't know what they are, you don't want to because they are just soooo very good, but not good for you at all.  Also, we are leaving early enough to have time to stop at any and all yard sales we come across.

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful rugs! Thanks for the show! Sounds like a fun day out and out with the "unspoiled" puppies! Glad to know Mary has been seen in the flesh and that she just wasn't a figment! Tell her Hi from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing all the rugs. I especially love Emma Lou's Saltbox.
    I can't wait to see more of your husband's horse rug. Looks good.
    Have a great time at the hook-in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...that saltbox rug is dreamy....Love it! And lucky you - all the many, many, hooking festivities and activities!! Sounds like so much fun - especially tomorrow, with a few other fun things thrown in!! Enjoy! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great rugs! Must have been a beautiful morning with the puppies and seeing all the other wild life. Love Mary's rug. I'm sure she is reading your blog, so "Hi Mary" :).
    Hope you report back on your road trip with her. Sounds like fun!
    Ron's rug is wonderful too. Tell him we are looking forward to seeing it done... (trying to help you here so you can hang it up :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the great rug pictures. Emma Lou's Salt Box was one of the first rugs that I ever hooked - love it in all variations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the rug show. I love to see what everyone else is hooking! Thanks for sharing.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thought id stop by and say hello. Richard from the Amish community of Lebanon,pa.

    ReplyDelete