Saturday, May 21, 2011

Welcome

I'm excited to start on this new adventure of blogging and I hope you enjoy getting to know me and my crazy life.

I worked for a local government for 22 + years until January 2011 when my department was eliminated.  Please don't feel sorry for me.  I think at the end of my life I will look back at this event and be very thankful.  It was a stressful job and I must admit the older I was getting the less able I was to deal with the stress.  People are not at their happiest when you tell them NO.  They didn't like it when I said no you can't buy that or sorry no, I can not pay your claim.

I took things to heart and couldn't sleep at nights.  My stress release then and now is rug hooking.  I love wide cut primitives and folk art rugs.  I have been blessed to have taken classes from some of the very best primitive teachers around.  Rug hooking has opened so many doors for my husband and I.  We have met some really wonderful people who we are proud to call our friends. 

After losing my position I was in a haze for a while.  It was the first time in my adult life that I didn't have a job to go to everyday.  I went from being on call 24/7 to total freedom.  I think I have adjusted well, maybe too well.  I am looking for a job, but right now I must admit I am loving getting up in the mornings and walking the puppies for miles at the Antietam Battlefield.  I live in a beautiful part of the state of Maryland where you can still see wildlife and farmer fields.  I sometimes have watch for the deer in my driveway.

In the next couple days and weeks I hope to share photos of my rugs, house & puppies....of course I have to show off my babies.  Yes, I'm a dog lover.  They bring me joy and have been very good company the last couple months.

I have also tried to turn lemons into lemonade.  I have started a small wool business carrying supplies.  I hope to vend at some local hooking events.  I also hope to start teaching.

I am so looking forward to the new paths before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment