Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lion and the Lamb


I just finished my Lion and Lamb rug.  One day the Lion and the Lamb will lay down together.  Peace will rule the land.

I think it turned out pretty well.  I have to laugh though I seem to be putting teal in all my rugs or at least the last 4-5 rugs.  No more teal for a while.  Too many other colors to play with.

Did everyone get their Wool Studio swatches?  I got mine yesterday and I placed my order this morning.  The Eagles Nest Woolens shelves will be stocked full.  This mailer had some really nice colors and textures.  I hope to have them in stock next week. 

To change the subject a bit, okay more than a bit. 

Do you have a place where you can go and re-energize your spirit?  If you follow the comic strip Rose is Rose it would be like Rose and her "Lean on Tree".  A place where you can get your peace back.

I count myself lucky because I have a couple places that I am able to re-focus.  I have written about the Battlefield before, but it is such a peaceful place for me.  This morning it was hot as heck, but as I walked through the fields I was able to think through some things and calm some raw nerves. 

Hooking is another way that I can unwind.  Are you like me and hooking allows you to be transported to another place?  A place of peace and creativity?  After having 6 dogs in my house since last week I will be spending my day in the wool room just having a peaceful day.  House cleaning can happen tomorrow, for today is a day for hooking and chocolate.  No worries or work allowed.

Take time today lean on your Lean on Tree.  Wishing you a peaceful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment