Wednesday, June 1, 2011

With Ease


This rug is another Woolley Fox pattern I did at a mini workshop with Barb Carroll way back in 2008.  It was an easy rug for me to hook.  It just came with ease.  Oh how I long for that ease again. 

Alright, I admit to being a bit dramatic.  I'm currently working on a rug that is not coming with ease.  The sad part is I am the designer of the pattern.  It is a whale pattern called Mary's Big Fish.  I hooked the whale very quickly and just love it.  Now I'm struggling with a border which separates one background color from the second color.  I just can't get.  I have hooked it about 5 times so far.  Good thing I reverse hook well. 

Do you ever struggle with a rug?  I'm sure it will come, but right now I just needed to walk away and focus on something different.  I'll post a picture as soon as I get it to where I kinda like it. 

Remember steady plotting...at least that's what I keep reminding myself. 

1 comment:

  1. I happen to love the way your new pattern is hooking up! Can't wait to see if finished!!! And to answer your question, I never struggle with a rug! Yeah, right! Can we say "saltbox"? Have a wonderful day, my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete